What Is Water Drilling? How To Do?
Water drilling is a well drilling work performed with air or mud circulation in accordance with the geological structure of the ground. After the well drilling process is done, the project is made in accordance with the hydrological characteristics of the drilled well. The casing piping of the well is made with special drill pipes.
The logic of water drilling; It is the operation by reaching the water in a certain depth of the underground and pulling it with a pump. It is important not to collapse the well in the water withdrawal process. Necessary precautions should be taken for this. The quality of the well varies according to the pipe diameter used, the type of the pipe, the suitability of the project, the thickness of the gravel envelope and the water drilling techniques applied.
HOW IS WATER DRILLING?
The water drilling technique used in hard rocky environments and the water drilling technique used in soft soils are different from each other.
Water drilling techniques;
- Drilling is done using mud circulation on soft soils.
- In rocky and harsh environments, drilling is done with air circulation.
- After the water study, drilling should be done from the place determined to be the most efficient in terms of groundwater.
- When the desired depth is reached after the work, the drilling drill and pipes are taken out and the well is enclosed with the help of a small diameter casing pipe.
- The space between the well wall and the casing pipe is filled with the washed and sieved drilling gravel and closed.
- The opened well is cleaned, it becomes ready for use with compressed air and pistoning.
WHAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BEFORE DRILLING WATER?
Geological, geophysical and hydrogeological surveys must be done by expert teams before water drilling is done. Thanks to these studies, the most efficient location is selected for the place where water drilling will be made. While drilling, it should be kept in mind that the underground has a very variable structure. Making the necessary surveys saves from a possible excess cost and damage. If an attempt is made to drill a well without a study, the effort may be completely wasted. It should be taken into consideration that there is also the possibility that water will not come out of the drilled well. If such a result is encountered in the wells drilled without conducting the survey, the investment made will be wasted. As a result of the survey studies, the water well to be drilled must be made according to the well construction project.
WHAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED WHEN DRILLING WATER?
First of all, it is important to work with an expert water drilling firm. Working with an expert team whose work area is water drilling and well drilling prevents a possible loss.
- It is important to analyze the firm to which the job will be given, to question its competencies.
- While drilling, drilling techniques with different geological structures can be applied and only the drilling unit price should not be taken as a basis in terms of cost. With correct pricing, possible losses or surprise additional costs should not be prepared.
For example, opening a quality drilling well and having plenty of water in the land next to you does not mean that the same quality water will come out on your land. For this reason, giving the job to the competent will save you from possible damages.